Is life passing you in a whirlwind of activities and personal drama’s? Would you want more relaxed days? That is not likely to occur but what can happen is you may decrease clutter and simplify your life by making a few simple decisions and making a couple of changes. Below are some useful tips on reducing clutter to simplify our lives.
1. If you have been avoiding doing a task and it keeps nagging at you, it’s time to finish it. Having the most challenging project or tasks done and out of your way will make you less worried of doing it later and then you will have the freedom to move on to the things that you would prefer doing with a clear conscience.
2. Do you receive plenty of newspaper into your life and your house on a daily basis? You can choose to stop the paper from causing you stress, taking your time up and creating clutter. Get yourself off junk mail lists. Some companies can help remove you from unwanted mail lists. To find companies that offer such services, search online. They can help you reduce the junk mail by over 90%. Reduce the amount of unwanted mails and catalogues you are getting.
3. Reduce clutter in your house and car. Having plenty of stuff causes anxiety because it requires some time and effort for maintenance and it takes our attention away from other things need to focus on. It also wastes our time because we cannot find anything quickly. Sell or donate unused and unwanted items.
4. Eliminating debt may reduce clutter if you have been stressing about it. Or if you use your cards to buy stuff just because it’s available on sale, a good but or simply too good or pass up and you do not need. Having less is one way of simplifying things.
5. Pay your bills online and get your statements online rather than receiving ending paper bills. This eliminates the need to utilize your time to write a check, get an envelope and a stamp (which saves money) and send it to the mailbox. Create a folder on your pc to send the notifications you get when your financial institution notifies you about bills that have been cleared. This is an excellent method to reduce clutter and simplify your life.
6. Instead of trying to remember everything in your mind, utilize a planner. Take it along with you everywhere you go. This will lessen clutter in your bag, car, on your kitchen countertops, also in your desk because you will not have these little pieces of paper with appointments and notes stuck or all over your house.
Consider the benefits of reducing clutter. Keep yourself focused as you work towards bettering your own life.